August 04, 2008

Composition Workshop on Saturday August 16th

,
If you're in the LA area and would like to refine your composition and painting skills, you're welcome to join me for an upcoming event.


On Saturday August 16th I'll be giving a workshop on pictorial composition for subjects of all kinds including landscape, figurative and entertainment design. Here's what we'll cover:
  • Lectures on the fundamentals of effective picture making.
  • Discussions on the creation of mood and environment.
  • Principles for organizing complex scenes into pleasing arrangements.
  • Strategies for solving compositional problems quickly and effectively.
  • Composition exploration exercises.
  • Painting from a costumed model.
We'll spend the morning with slide shows and lectures and spend the afternoon doing the compositional exercises and studies from a costumed model.

To enroll contact the Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art at 877 LA-Atelier. Their site is www.laafa.org.

Hope to see you soon.

4 comments:

adebanji said...

I am not in the States or LA. If I was, I'll be on this. Please can the notes be purchased? I am missing...........I wouldn't mind any way to access this Nathan.

mackenzie said...

man I wish I could be in that class! It was really nice meeting you at Comicon as well.

Patrick Awa said...

I would love to join the class!
Hope it is not too late to enroll.

Christina Forshay said...

Nathan, I'm a big fan of your work and I'm kicking myself for not being able to attend this workshop. Your work is absolutely amazing, and to be able to learn from you would be incredible, I'm sure.