April 28, 2010

DreamWorlds at Art Center College of Design

I haven't yet mentioned our show entitled "DreamWorlds" at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena Ca. It's a collection of concept and visual development artwork from all of DreamWorks Animation films and is displayed at Art Center's Williamson gallery until May 7 (open to the public). I'm pleased to have a handful of pieces in the show but it's all about the collaborative effort to figure out what these films should look like. I'm aware of no other place where you can see a collection of artwork like this and it's only up for another week. If you're local and interested in such things or are an animation student I encourage you to come out and have a look.

















Photos by Brad Herman.

12 comments:

Daniel said...

On the second image down are those the actual background paintings? If so, I am astonished they are so small yet looked so incredible on the big screen.

Nathan Fowkes said...

Hi Daniel, yep, those are the originals.

Kendra Melton said...

What a fantastic show! So much amazing work in one room. It was really great getting to see some original pieces and what size people work. Awesome, awesome show, if anyone hasn't been yet they really should!!! One of my favorite pieces was the 4 conquistadors painted with gouache for El Dorado.

vincent said...

Sadly, I don't live in the US.
It's a bit far from France...
Otherwise, I would have come, It looks really great and interesting.

Rose said...

This is so impressive . Thanks for sharing this info.

Pedro Vergani said...

I so wish I lived in Pasadena right now. Great collection, i'm amazed.
Do you know if there is or there will be a book with the pieces of this show?

Martin Bergquist said...

Wish I lived in Pasadena now :-)

vinayak kurne said...

Great Work!! Thanks for sharing...)

Matt said...

Hi Nathan!

Thanks for the shout out! I was BLOWN AWAY by your workshop. I learned so much!

It may only be about once a year, but I will DEFINITELY be checking out your other workshops when I can.

Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Matt!

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班

Anonymous said...

酒店兼職 酒店 台北酒店 酒店兼差

gaohui said...

Have you noticed ed hardy Clothing that she is spending time with ed hardy sale one person in particular ed hardy and they seemed to come from ed hardy UK nowhere. When you ask how she ed hardy cheap knows them she becomes aloof and ed hardy Clothes disinterested. Is there someone's house ed hardy store she seems to be always going to? This edhardy.com could spell something is wrong with the christian audigier sale relationship. Is she taking trips, possibly day ed hardy dresses trips or small vacations without you? If ed hardy Polos she was doing this before you even ed hardy sandals got married or dated, then it may be okay, but if it is a recent ed hardy Jackets development then you may have problems.